Hello friends! One of the things that really get me excited is when I find an amazing gem that is affordable and also readily available at local drugstores. Wet N Wild launched a new foundation at the end December last year, and wow oh wow – it really surprises me, in a good way! Retailing at only $5.99, this foundation’s performance is comparable to those with higher price tag. OK, enough spoiler, let me take you to the full, detailed review of the new Wet N Wild Photofocus Foundation.
Foundation Overview :
- Walgreens: $5.99
- Size: 1 fl oz.
- I am combining the shades Porcelain and Golden Beige to get my perfect shade [there are 20 shades in total online, stores may carry less shades option.]
- Primer is optional – I use a primer to smooth out my pores and keep the makeup longer on the face because my skin likes to eat up makeup. However, I tested this foundation without a primer, and it surprising still last a decent 5-6 hours without getting patchy or disappearing from my face. If you are very oily, I would still recommend you to wear a mattifying primer, even though this foundation gives a very soft matte finish. If you have dry skin, I would recommend to still use a hydrating primer to makes the foundation apply and sit more comfortably on your skin.
- Applies equally great with both brush and sponge. As usual in general, the brush application will give you a bit more coverage than the damp sponge.
- Another tip for application, I would recommend applying a thin layer all over your face, and just add extra thin layers on areas that need more coverage. I find that if I go heavy on the application, it could definitely feel very heavy and makeup-ey.
- Medium-buildable coverage
- Feels quite comfortable. You can definitely still feel it on your face, but not very heavy.
- It has a matte finish
- Powder is optional:
- if you have oily skin, I would recommend to powder
- if you have normal or dry skin, and your skin doesn’t eat makeup, I think you can skip the powder
- With primer & powder, this foundation lasts a good 11-12 hours on me. Without primer & powder, it lasts 5-6 hours.
- Final thought:
- I love the coverage and the way it blends
- I LOVE how long wearing it is
- I love the price tag and shade selection available
- I love how it looks amazing both in real life and on pictures/videos
- I wish it came with a pump dispenser
That’s everything from me today.. I hope you find this post/video useful, as always.. 🙂
I’ll talk to you soon, ok! xoxo